I posted about the Mountain View Farmer's Market today on Bay Area Bites. I am really enjoying this farmers' market series as it gets me out of my normal farmers' market cycle, and I have been able to find some fun and exciting new markets.
In other news, I received an email today announcing that Percy Schmeiser is going to be in the Bay Area in a couple weeks. If you saw The Future of Food, you may remember Schmeiser as the farmer from Canada who was sued by Monsanto.
- Monday, November 13, Santa Cruz, Live Oak Grange (831-423-2263)
- Tuesday, November 14, UC Berkeley, North Gate Hall (510-847-7141)
- Thursday, November 16, Sonoma, Burlingam Hall (707-935-7960)
- Friday, November 17, Ukiah, Mendocino Community College Little Theater (707-468-3012)
- Saturday, November 18, Pt. Arena/Manchester, Garcia Grange (707-882-3425)
All programs begin at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. Cost is a $10 donation (except for UC Berkeley, which is free), and no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
And ... why don't I leave you with a photo today? A couple of weeks ago, I went to Pt. Reyes with some good friends and this picture (along with the Halloween spiders) is from that trip. It was a bittersweet trip for me for a ton of reasons, but it was a beautiful weekend and I got some ok pictures.
I'm off to LA for a few days (quite a few, actually) so you can look forward to a few posts from there. See you tomorrow!