You may have noticed that over on the left-hand sidebar I have a list of blogs that I call "Inspirations." These are blogs that make me stretch my mind and imagination and expectations and I love them all for that. Via Chookooloonks* yesterday I noticed Jen Lemen's post about "25 things I never get tired of." I thought it was a perfect thing for me to consider during the first week of 2008. So without further ado:
- Cracking open a brand new cookbook.
- Looking at really amazing portraits.
- Talking to my grandmother.
- Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Going to farmers' markets.
- KFOG Acoustic Sunrise on Sunday mornings.
- Listening to my friend Anna's outgoing phone message - her daughter recorded it when she was about 2 (she's about to be 6), and I hope they keep it till she's 18.
- Chatting with the people who create or grow my food.
- Watching stormy days in the city from the warmth of my living room.
- Filling notebooks with random thoughts, lists and notes.
- Really great stationery stores.
- Giggling uncontrollably with my best friend - we met over giggles in 7th grade and somehow manage to crack each other up to this day.
- Eyes closed, iPod on, dancing around my bedroom alone.
- Listening to people tell me how amazing my family is.
- Reading my blog comments (not a ploy -- I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate them though I am atrocious at answering them).
- Supermarkets in foreign countries.
- The surprise of becoming dear friends with people who I have met as a result of this blog.
- Reading old handwritten recipes.
- The anticipatory moment when I am transferring photos from my camera to my computer.
- The overwhelming feeling of realizing a dream.
- Hearing a compliment from a client who is pleased with my work.
- Planning & making a meal for friends who really appreciate my cooking.
- Walking through the city with no real destination, camera slung on my shoulder.
- Fresh figs, cherries, tangerines, and blueberries.
* Chookooloonks is an amazing photographer and all around bad-ass chick. Don't believe me? Check out her amazing shots of her daughter. I think I'm a better person because I read her blog and look at her photos.
Stay safe out there, all of you who are experiencing storms!